Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Great day!

Today was especially nice since we had never gone to this particular area of Normandy. We went to Rouen and visited the Joan of Arc Memorial. We also visited Notre Dame de Bon Secours which was in front of the memorial. Talk about beautiful and exquisite...the stained glass windows in the church...some of the most colorful I have ever seen!!! Each stained glass window was so detailed and the fact that there were SO many, it was just incredible.The memorial actually is so high up that you can see the entire city of Rouen, including the awesome cathedral. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to visit it since we had to make it to Giverny, where we visited the home of Monet!!! The gardens outside his home have some of the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. You can certainly see where he got his inspiration!! Toward the end of the day, we ended up with a surprise find...the Chateau de Anet, which is from the 1500s. We couldn't visit it but it was absolutely beautiful. It is always great to see castles even if you can't visit them.

Well, that's all for now. I love and miss my precious Carolina, John Aidan, Kerri and Kacie!! I will be looking for some gifts soon! Take care Michelle and Natalie. Mom, I love you!

Maria

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like everyone's having a fun time-except for Zach-nothing like needing medical attention in another country. Yikes! Just reading all the blogs REALLY makes me wish I could be there. The kids say hello and that they miss you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete